Have you a strong opinion about the state of SEND?
If you have a strong opinion about the state of SEND education at the moment then you need to respond to this enquiry.
Education Select Committee inquiry on SEND
The Education Select Committee has also launched an inquiry into support for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). Following changes to the SEND system in 2014, the committee intends to review the success of these reforms. The inquiry will examine how the reforms have been implemented and the impact they have had in meeting the challenges faced by children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
The committee is therefore seeking written evidence on the following areas:
- assessment of and support for children and young people with SEND
- the transition from statements of special educational needs and Learning Disability Assessments to Education, Health and Care Plans
- the level and distribution of funding for SEND provision
- the roles of and co-operation between education, health and social care sectors
- provision for 19-25 year olds including: support for independent living; transition to adult services; and access to education, apprenticeships and work
NGA will be submitting evidence before the 14 June deadline; if you have any comments, please email [email protected].
To submit your own form please check out this template to help your submission
Don’t steam! Send in your opinion about the state of SEND